POLICIES AND PROCEDURES TO BE FOLLOWED BY PARTICIPATINIG DEALERSHIPS TO ENSURE ELIGIBLITY AND REIMBURSEMENT
Dealers will need to follow procedures and policies prescribed by the CEV Incentive Program in order to receive reimbursement. In order to receive a reimbursement for point of sale incentives provided for eligible vehicles the dealership MUST:
- Be a member in good standing of the New Car Dealers Association of BC (NCDA).
- Ensure that the MSRP of the vehicle is $55,000 and under.
- Ensure the MSRP sticker price is inclusive of the full, eligible CEV incentive amount.
- Ensure that the purchaser/lessee of the vehicles must be an individual, business, non-profit, or public entity (including municipal and regional governments and First Nations, but excluding provincial, crown, and federal government agencies) that is a BC resident of the business, non-profit or public entity is based in British or has a BC-based affiliate. All businesses must be licensed to operate in BC.
- Ensure that a business or fleet did not receive more than a maximum of 10 rebates from the CEV Program. Requests for more than 10 rebates will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Any exception is at the sole discretion of the Ministry.
- Ensure the purchase/lease date is not prior to the vehicle being included on the list of Eligible Vehicles.
- Not make or allow any modifications to the vehicle’s emissions control systems, hardware, software calibrations, or hybrid system.
- Be available for follow-up inspection, if requested, by NCDA, the BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, or the BC Ministry of Energy and Mines’s designee, for the purposes of program oversight and accountability.
- Submit the application form on www.cevforbc.ca website and attach all required supporting documentation within 15 days of the date of sale/lease.
- If incomplete application documentation is submitted to the NCDA, funding reserved by the application will be returned to the Program funding pool after 90 days. If the incomplete application information is not provided by the dealership. Pending applications will not be honoured beyond the 90-day limit.
- Ensure a Letter of Recieved Rebate with the CEV incentive amount is clearly listed and it reflects the purchase price listed on the purchase/lease contract.
- Ensure that (through tracking of the applicant) that the vehicle must remain plated, registered and insured in British Columbia in the applicant’s name for at least 12 months from date of sale.